Your Happie Bamboo products are designed to last a lifetime, but much like any other product made from Mother Earth it does require your care.
Our products are hand-wash only and not suitable for the dishwasher or microwave. The good news is bamboo is naturally mould and mildew resistant, antibacterial and microbial so warm soapy water is all you need. Avoid abrasive cleaners or tools.
When washing please be sure to remove the silicone bottom when drying so that the product can be dried in full, you do not want to encourage mildew by leaving your products wet or soaked for prolonged periods.
Like wood, bamboo can dry out and eventually crack, to help prevent over-drying periodically treat the bowls with a generous application of any food grade oil (avoid nut oils as they tend to go bad). Repeated application saturates the layers and keeps the wood resilient. Lemon juice can remove any lingering food odours that may have seeped into Bamboo and can help reduce stains.
Bamboo straws should last for hundreds of uses with the proper care:
- Rinse immediately after use to avoid getting anything stuck in the straws.
- Use the cleaning brush to remove any grit.
- Hand wash with lukewarm soapy water or pop in the dishwasher
- Don’t expose your straw to extreme heat for a prolonged period or expose to direct sunlight.
- Don’t leave soaking in liquid overnight
We recommend polishing the outside of the straw with Coconut Oil every 10 or so uses. Another effective caring option is to soak in vinegar from time to time to keep your straw in optimum health condition.